There are often many reports which address issues in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), however, these often are strong on the Latin American components but weak on the components which relate to Caribbean islands or continental states in the Caribbean. This is largely due to the weakness of the data gathering framework in the Caribbean. This page aims to be a repository for land use planning information for the region which can benefit researchers and students.
The publications are mainly electronic links to books, policy papers and other useful resources produced by the CNULM or partners.
The databases are of five types:
- Bibliographic database: Identifies key literature in the following categories: energy, human settlements, land management, urban governance and water resources and water management
- Institutional database: Provides a listing of agencies in the urban sector in the Caribbean
- Pictorial database: Provides a range of images in the urban sector in the Caribbean
- Professional Planners Directory: Provides information on the existing planners in the Caribbean region
- Project database: Provides detail on projects which impact the Caribbean urban sector
The blog chronicles the ongoing activities in projects being executed by the CNULM or other partners going back from the inception of the website.
If you or someone you know has been involved in interesting projects in the region which contribute to the focus areas, or are related to urban and land management in the Caribbean, please Contact Us.