The philosophy enacted by the blueSpace Secretariat acknowledges the relationship between land and its people and the procedural complexity required to address sustainable development in the Caribbean. As a result of this approach, the projects and activities enacted and undertaken by the blueSpace Secretariat center around the dissemination of experience, collaboration, transparency and community engagement.
The projects enacted by the blueSpace Secretariat correspond to one or more of the four pillars: capacity building, knowledge sharing, urban assessment and networking.
In this section of the website you will find detailed information about the blueSpace Secretariat’s projects including methodologies, publications, notes from technical workshops, identified challenges and opportunities as well as project outcomes.
- Mainstreaming Energy Efficiency and Climate Change in Built Environment Training and Research in the Caribbean, CarEnTrain (EU-ACP EDULINK II)
- Strengthening Professional Planning Capacity to Advance a Caribbean Urban Agenda (CPA, CAP and UN-Habitat collaboration)
- Caribbean Urban Forum, CUF
- Leveraging Built and Cultural Heritage for Economic Development in East Port of Spain (RDIFund)
- Capacity Building in Urban Planning and Land Management in the Southern Caribbean (EU-ACP EDULINK I)
- Network for the Application of Science and Technology the the Urban Sector, NSUS
- Participatory Slum Upgrading Programme, PSUP (UN-Habitat)
- Caribbean Planners Association, CPA
- Walkable Caribbean Urban Heritage (OAS)
- Mirebalais Planning Initiative, MPI