Job Opportunity: Planner (Forward Planning) Bermuda

The Government of Bermuda

The Cabinet Office

Department of Human Resources

Ministry of Home Affairs



Department of Planning

PS 33–35     $104,607 – $112,165 (=US$ Equivalent)

Job Number: DHR01414 (320017)

The Planner works under the direction of the Senior Planning Officer (Forward Planning) and is responsible for developing and formulating plans and policies affecting the physical and environmental development of Bermuda including conducting research, consulting with the public and resolving objections to draft plans as the need arises. The Planner is also accountable for assisting in the evaluation of planning applications, including providing policy advice, reviewing environmental impact statements and conservation management plans, conducting site visits and negotiating with applicants, to ensure compliance with planning legislation and policies, and making appropriate recommendations on applications to the Development Applications Board and Committee.

Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Urban Design, Geography, Environmental Studies or a related discipline and must also hold membership in a professional planning institute such as the Royal Town Planning Institute, the Canadian Institute of Planners, the American Institute of Certified Planners or equivalent. The post requires a minimum of three years of relevant post-professional planning institute membership experience.

This post is offered on a three year contract. Qualified persons wishing to be considered for the post may apply online at by the specified closing date of 20th December 2017.



  1. Hi. I’ve just noted that te deadline for this post has now passed. This cheeky but was the post filled? As a planner with 20+ years experience covering policy, development management and conservation. I would be interested in any future opportunities to work for the government in Bermuda. Kind regards. Graham

    1. Apologies for thew late reply.

      I don’t have the information. You would have to check the agency

Leave a Reply to Graham Saundrrs Cancel reply