The following are links to useful websites for visitors attending the Caribbean Urban Forum 2013 in Trinidad & Tobago.
Trinidad and Tobago Tourism Website: gotrinidadandtobago.com
Here you can find information on:
- Trinidad and Tobago history, culture and tourist activities
- The FAQ Page addresses questions about currency, tipping, travel to and from the airport.
The Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre Website: hiltontrinidadhotel.com
- All meals during the conference are buffet-style. Special requests regarding dietary restrictions for the Gala only can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For CUF attendees staying at the Hilton for the duration of the conference, the daily room rate includes Wi-Fi internet and breakfast.
- Guests of the hotel can exchange their currency at the front desk at a rate of 6 TTD for 1 USD. There is also a Republic Bank near the hotel where money can be exchanged. Rates can be found online at – republictt.com
- Hilton Hotel Amenities – hiltontrinidadhotel.com
- Guest Room Information – hiltontrinidadhotel.com
- Temperatures range from the high 20’s to low 30’s degrees Celsius throughout the day and can dip to the low 20’s in the evening. It is the dry season so most days are sunny with a slight breeze and some cloud cover, but there is always the possibility of rain, so pack accordingly.
- Getting around Port of Spain – Taxis from the Hilton into the city can also be arranged through the Front Dest at the cost of $12-15 USD per once-way trip. Local taxis are also available at designated spots throughout the city and can also be flagged down on the street. Taxi license plates begin with “H” for “Hired.” Payment can be done in TTD unless previously agreed-upon to pay in USD.